The Trust has the following specific goals:
- Organic Growth: Significantly increase the number and value of awards granted.
- Geographic Reach: Extend and expand the award scheme in Scotland.
- Knowledge: Continue to provide support for prisoners throughout the UK prison estate via The Hardman Directory’s rich content.
- Technology: Encourage more online applications using Salesforce and the new online application form. Also encourage feedback using Survey Monkey.
- Impact: Continually review its impact assessment processes.
- Case studies: Build an archive of case studies and photographs, providing donors and other supporters with a powerful sense of how the award scheme can, in a simple way, have a transformational effect.
- Leadership: Increase and maintain visibility within the sector, speaking at forum events such as the Governors of Open Prisons quarterly forum and the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals (CILIP).
- Influence: Develop the ‘Ambassador of the Trust’ role, particularly the role of ambassadors who are Hardman award winners.
- Funding: Continue nurturing long-term relationships with donors and grant more awards, including more ‘designated awards’ which highlight the origin of the donation that funds a particular award.